From 8 to 18 March enjoy Passeig de Gourmets, the first gastronomic festival of Passeig de Gràcia. Over ten days, some of the most prominent restaurants on the avenue and adjacent streets, will offer different proposals designed for all tastes.
The festival revolves around four activities:
- the Route of dishes: 12 varied dishes that can be paired with a glass of beer, wine or champagne for € 7;
- the Tasting menus: different proposals that will range between 40 and 50 €, with beer, wine or champagne included;
- the Cooking with four hands: unrepeatable gastronomic evenings thanks to the couples of starred chefs who will unite their talent and experience for just one night;
- The Showcookings: all free of charge, from the hand of some of Barcelona’s best-known chefs and influencers.
All activities, dishes, schedules and prices can be viewed through the festival website www.passeigdegourmets.com.
The Catalan capital is the city with the most Michelin stars in Spain.
Only in Passeig de Gràcia and its surroundings are 6 of these prestigious distinctions: Lasarte, in the Monument Hotel with three; Moments, at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, holds two; while Roca Moo, at the Hotel Omm, has one.
This convergence makes the Paseo an international gastronomic destination of first level and Barcelona in the second European city with the highest concentration of stars in a few meters, after Paris.
In the first edition of Passeig de Gourmets 20 restaurants participate: Alma Hotel (Alma Garden Restaurant), Bocagrande, Cafè de la Pedrera, Casa Fuster Hotel (Galaxó), Hotel Claris (La Terraza del Claris), Diagonal Farga, La Vinoteca Torres , Majestic Hotel & Spa (Restaurant of the Majestic), Hotel Mandarin Oriental Barcelona (Moments, Blanc and Banker’s Bar), Monument Hotel (Restaurant Lasarte and Restaurant Oria), Mordisco, Hotel Omm (Roca Moo and Roca Bar), El Principal de l’Eixample, Solomillo, Hotel The One Barcelona (Somni Restaurant & Coctelería) and Tragaluz.
As highlighted by Luis Sans, president of the Associació Passeig de Gràcia, promoter of this pioneering initiative, “the objective is to publicize the level and variety of the gastronomic offer of the tour to all citizens, as well as to those who visit the city during these days. ”
The sponsors and collaborators
Passeig de Gourmets has the support and sponsorship of major brands in the sector that are committed to the gastronomic talent of Passeig de Gràcia.
- Estrella Damm is the official beer of the festival given its close relationship with national and international gastronomic proposals. Its main objective is to activate the hospitality industry and give visibility to days such as Passeig de Gourmets.
- For its part, the Torres Family is the one who brings the wines that will harmonize the festival, offering a unique proposal adapted to each of the participating restaurants. The wines of the Torres Family combine, since 1870, tradition and new trends.
- The Gramona cavas put the finishing touch to Passeig de Gourmets. The winery of Sant Sadurní d’Anoia, internationally recognized by major critics of the sector, will harmonize all the gastronomic proposals of the festival.
- In addition, the airline Vueling and the Julià coach group collaborate in Passeig de Gourmets, supporting participating establishments and promoting quality gastronomic tourism.
An event that will became Paseo de Gracia and the city of Barcelona a world gastronomy reference.